2022 Health and Safety
The PGA TOUR is closely working with the City of Austin and the CDC to follow health and safety guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic.
At the PGA TOUR, our highest priority is the safety of our players, guests, employees, and volunteers. We are committed to providing a safe and secure environment by promoting safety best practices at our tournaments to minimize accidents. Our volunteers play a large role in promoting our safety culture and creating memorable, world-class experiences that positively impact our communities. All registered volunteers are expected to abide by basic safety guidelines, identify potential risks, and be proactive in reporting and correcting known or potential hazards.
Top 10 Volunteer Safety Guidelines
ALL registered volunteers are expected to abide by the following safety guidelines in order to prevent injury to themselves or others. Some volunteer committees may require additional safety measures which can be found in the PGA TOUR Volunteer Safety Manual.
- Wear comfortable, close-toed, and slip-resistant shoes
- Wear sunscreen, hat and other protective clothing
- Maintain adequate hydration
- Follow all PGA TOUR Golf Cart, Utility Vehicle, and Vehicle Safety Guidelines
- Practice proper ergonomics
- Report unsafe conditions to Tournament Staff and Committee Chair
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment free of trip hazards
- Be vigilant to surroundings to prevent being struck by a golf ball or equipment
- Use proper tools and protective equipment to perform tasks
- Take breaks and rest when needed
Volunteer Safety Pledge and Culture
- I am knowledgeable of safety policies and procedures in my role.
- In uniform, I am viewed as a safe person to approach.
- I take a proactive approach to safety and know who to contact.
The safety culture for volunteers is founded on the following expectations
- SEE Something (Be aware of your surroundings)
- Pay attention to behavior that can cause injuries
- Identify unsafe conditions and damage to property
- Notice suspicious activities or persons
- SAY Something (Know who to contact)
- Report injuries to first aid
- Report unsafe conditions and damage to property to Tournament Staff
- Report suspicious activities to Security
- DO Something (Be proactive - Take action as necessary)
- Provide comfort to injured persons
- Ensure unsafe conditions will not harm others
- Follow safety guidelines for your assigned committee
Volunteer Safety Training
Prior to volunteering at a PGA TOUR tournament, each registered volunteer is required to review the following training materials:
PGA TOUR VOLUNTEER SAFETY MANUAL
DELL TECHNOLOGIES MATCH PLAY GENERAL SAFETY MANUAL
PGA TOUR GOLF CART SAFETY VIDEO
We need your support in creating a fun and safe environment for all those involved with the Dell Technologies Match Play. We ask that all volunteers watch the golf cart safety video and that all volunteers operating a golf cart read and sign the acknowledgement from the link below. Please print off your signed form to bring to your first training or first shift.